Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:11:17 -0400
Hi all! In my woes of Odin, I neglected to share a GOOD story with you
all, regarding Ricky - and his tumor.

When his growth in his tummy was discovered a few months back, I came
to you all, asking "what would you do"? So many thanks to the wonderful
though, to not put him thru the trauma of surgery, and cause him more
pain - so that is what we have opted to do.

What is the good news in all of this? **((With the next statement, I
pray I am not "hexing" the situation))**........but, the good news is
that Ricky has NOT exhibited ANY symptoms of becoming ill - or close to
The Rainbow Bridge yet, due to this tumor. He has not digressed, and he
has not begun to "act" ill at all. In fact, other than sleeping quite
a bit - and being less apt to play as much, he seems pretty much "The
Same Ole Ricky"!!! We for whatever reason have been blessed with more
time - and it is GOOD time - without pain, or tears - as of yet. I am
not sure how long this reprieve will last, but we are taking every
single day as a blessing - and grateful to God, that we are being
allowed it. Our new favorite past-time is going outside for a romp
in the yard. It seems to "perk" him right up, whereas before we
discovered his illness, he really didn't enjoy the "great outdoors"
too fantastically much, since Helena died. I no longer "leash" him -
as he doesn't go "dashing about", as a young ferret could/does/will
without provocation, etc. He waddles about - stopping every 20 seconds
or so - to drink from the swimming pool - which no longer contains
chlorine, or any "additives", since it has become his favorite
"drinking spot".He wanders about - sniffing here and there - and
generally enjoys tormenting Aeros (Da Dog) with his "I'm gonna chew
your tail" poses. Of course, not much swimming is going on in the
pool, since he has decided it is his new water hole. We are filtering
and cleaning the water with our pump, the best we can, without using
chemicals. I can swim next year. I am not sure Ricky will be here
then - so if he wants to drink out of the pool - and it means no
chemicals - so what. I can scrub it down later! He has not lost his
appetite yet either. I have a "ferret trough" - a big plastic trencher
that I put out in the A.M. when they get up - so they can all line up
for the ferretone/ferrevite - and treats. Of course, now he has taken
to climbing INTO the trough - and eating his fill before anyone else
can get a nibble - but as senior ferret - and ferret with a
"condition", I believe he has earned that right. He eats very well,
drinks well - and all in all kids, you'd really not suspect he was ill
at all. Again - the only thing I notice is that he becomes a speed bump
more often - and has taken to more frequent naps. If I didn't know any
better, I would think the only thing wrong with him - is he is getting
older. He is after all, coming up on 7 years old.

Hey - what are the chances the vet was WRONG? Any guesses anyone? Could
it be? I pray so! I will keep everyone posted as to how he plods along.

Thanks for all prayers and well wishes.

Kim and Her Army of Idiots

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....