From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:47:18 -0400
Did anyone else get an email from <webstore@ ricker.com> about a ferret
sculpture?  Just wondering how they got my email address.  Possibly from
this list??

Katharine

[Moderator's note: I received it 3 times and I'm pretty angry... I will,
of course, follow up with their service provider.

The FML subscriber list is not made available to *anyone* for *any* reason.
Certainly, if you post, your address is out there for people to see, though
I've received several complaints about this mailing and at least one person
who received the spam never posted to the FML.

Complaints about unwanted email are welcome -- it's part of my real job
to follow up on this kind of stuff, so it's not particularly taking me
out of my way to follow up!  BIG]