From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:12:29 EDT
The Boston Sunday Globe article on ferrets is at:
http://boston.com/globe/weeklies/west/
then go to the ferret article

Victoria wrote:
>The first of January I was in my favorite feed store to get hay. ......A
>couple of weeks ago I was in and Dancer was in the cage with only a small
>box and no hammock or blankets.  They took everything away to punish her.
>One of the girls came over and with tears in her eyes said she had seen
>employees thumping her on the nose hard and slapping at her because she
>bit them so hard.

PLEASE report incidents like this to SOMEONE--whether it's your local
humane society, shelter, or perhaps the store manager doesn't know what's
going on--people who abuse animals should not be working in pet stores!!!
Please start the process so that someone who is in a position to help, can
do so and prevent other animals from suffering.

--Ronnie in Mass.
http://members.aol.com/farmflower/index.htm
HELP! Mikey the cat needs a permanent loving home; was living on streets
of Brooklyn.  Extremely friendly and handsome; beautiful tabby markings.
Good with dogs/ferrets; needs to be only cat; indoor only, no small
children.  FIV+ but very healthy.  New England/NY area.