From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:16:07 -0700
For those that were offering advice with Bugsy's aggression issues,
thought I'd provide an update.

A couple of days after I posted my request for advice on the food
aggression, Bugsy developed a rectal prolapse that earned him a trip
to the vet. To make sure his cage mate, Emmett didn't harm the healing
process, I moved him to the other cage with Sierra and Ziggy. Bugsy was
still able to see them all. While he was still in "isolation", our old
fart fert, Sierra, passed on. I also noticed, before the "isolation",
that he while he would fight with Emmett, who is his size, he wouldn't
fight with Ziggy, who is full grown. Given Sierra's size and fragile
nature, no agression tests with her, of course. Once Bugsy healed, I
put him in with the two others. They have 3 food dishes and no issues
with aggression anymore. Two of the dishes clip onto the cage so I
put them higher up so they dig less food out of them. This means, you
guessed it. Little ferret butts still fit under them for pooping
purposes.

Perhaps he should be named Houdini. Was the only fert to figure out the
not so ferret proofed ferret area. Have only temporarily fixed this.
Need to crawl down there with a flashlight and see what I need to fix
it permanently.

As always, thanks so much for all the help!

Alayne, Ziggy, Emmett and Bugsy