From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:12:22 -0500
Meltdown began doing a good deal better by yesterday afternoon, then she had
a down-turn last night.  First thing this morning Hanan gave her an
antibiotic shot and sub-q fluids.  Now we'll be getting her regular meds,
pepto, antibiotics, Nutrical (at least every four hours for that though she
doesn't want even that), etc.  into her over the next 24 hours.  If she gets
better then she gets a chance for a while again since her heart does not
sound that bad yet, if she gets worse she goes in early for mercy, and if
she does not improve she will leave us tomorrow.  She's not showing any
indications of pain now and is not bleeding so that's wonderful, but she was
flat out and not interested in anything at all.  It may be that with her
heart disease and all the complications that she does not have the strength
to get better from this last bleeding-out bout, but she's often proven
people wrong.  She fought Hanan about the Nutrical (for us she had just lain
there and refused but not fought) and that's an improvement in energy and
attitude from how she'd been at home earlier.  Can't knock fiestiness.
Insisting on self-sovereignty is a positive sign which often indicates that
an individual has dignity, a sense of self, and the will to live; being
willing to let others design our lives or to be too childlike in adulthood
tends to be too close to giving up the ghost --sort of like a symbolic
death.  I hope she is a royal pain in the butt today.  Let's hear it for
rebellion.

Sukie