From:
Matthew Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 00:07:19 -0600
Greetings all,

First I would like to thank all of you that have responded to my plight
with my Nazi Landlords.  I have decided to try and approach this in a
two fronted attack.  When I went to inform my property manager that I had
complied with the Eviction warning, she informed me that the reason for
the no ferret clause was because "there had been problems with them in the
past".  What problems exactly she could not state.  Hmmm Yet dogs and cats
are allowed.  The same dogs that I have to listen to barking all night and
piles of Sh*t I have to step over every time I walk in the grass areas.  So
firstly I am going to write a letter to the property owner expressing my
point of view (diplomatically of course) and try to show them that the
domestic ferret is not a "wild animal".  I am also going to bring up that
seeing as ferrets are the 3rd most popular pet in the U.S.  (anyone know
where I can get a valid statistic to support that?) that his complex may be
losing out on a large clientele in the future.  I will also explain how
they are similar to cats in that they use litter boxes and try to dispel
the myth that they scent everything they come in touch with due to the fact
that most are descented.  I will also cover vaccinations for both distemper
and rabies to prove that ferrets are not "disease carriers".  I will also
state that I can not believe that there have been no cases of dogs or cats
biting any one in this complex and yet they are still allowed to reside
here.  Any other suggestions for my letter would be appreciated.  If that
fails I will try to get out of my lease by other means.  I have had some
wonderful legal and yes Quasi-legal suggestions made (thank you all for the
suggestions.  Well seeing as it is late I will go for now.  I have to get
up early I have tomorrow off and plan on getting Kitty out of boarding and
taking him to the park :)

Thank you all once again.

Matthew ( I miss my little carpet shark terribly)&
Kitty (Why can't I come home and play?)