From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 04:19:30 -0500
Amanda, I just want you to know that I am not trying to force you to give
up Monty but I know this isn't the 1st time you've tried to give up a
ferret.  You sold Dante through an ad in the paper.  Monty is the second
ferret you've talked about giving up after having them for less than 2
months!

I feel for him.  I can also feel for you to a certain point.  My .02 is
that I want you to know that I understand what fatigue is because I have
post traumatic fibromyalgia which goes hand in hand with chronic pain,
chronic fatigue syndrome and yes, depression.  I never sleep or feel
rested, I'm always tired and always in pain, BUT my furry creatures
*always* come 1st.

You originally posted to the list telling everyone that your SO hated
Monty and that your son, picking up on his vibes began stomping on Monty.
Now you are telling us that by miracle your hubby likes Monty and that
you, because of your ailment is the one having the problems.  I just
don't get it Amanda, which is it?

I'm not trying to be a b%&ch, or tell you that you don't want to put Monty
1st (I know you do).  What I am saying is that since you are feeling so
overwhelmed with your illness (I understand why), you are needing to put
you 1st and *I* feel that Monty needs to be put 1st now.  You are his 4th
or 5th home in five years.  He has some abandonment issues that he needs
to deal with and I feel that he needs you 100% now.  Not in two months
from now IF your new medication works and IF your husband likes him and
IF your son out-grows stomping on him.

I'm not flaming you hunny, just telling you how I feel since you invited
me into your life by posting about him in the first place.  I am glad that
you have spoken to Lynda (who is terrific BTW) and I do indeed hope that
you will get in contact with her if you decide that Monty can go.  My
prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and with Monty, whom I hope
will be happy for the rest of his life.  You must tell him that he is
loved by a lot of strangers world wide.  Harley sends his hugz back to
you both.

With much respect,
Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

Everything is okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end.