From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 12:34:40 -0500
Who says it's cats which have nine lives?

Hanan's back and just a half hour ago examined the bloody samples from
Saturday night and against all probability it looks most like reactive
colitis, so right now we're going on that assumption and treating
accordingly, eliminating the whipping cream even though she had been having
no apparent problem from it and it eased meds times because dairy could be
the sudden cause, restarting the Winstrol and hoping that doesn't start her
bleeding again.

There are some other possibilities, none of which are anywhere near as good,
so we hope that this is our reality for now, rather than a false trail.  You
do what you can in the directions which offer comfort.  More testing at this
point could endanger her or make her uncomfortable, and if reactive colitis
is not the cause then knowing more would not be able to give her any more
help or ease her life in any way.

It really would be wonderful if she turns out to have another month (week,
day(s)) in her, wouldn't it?  Thank goodness ferrets are so over-built.

We each do what we can in life and more often than not things do turn out
reasonably.  For a ferret who will be 8 years and 3 months on the 4th, and
who has had cardiomyopathy for 9 months Meltie sure manages to squeeze every
last drop of pleasure from life.  May we all be so strong and fortunate.

Sukie