From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:19:52 -0500
I received e-mail from a gentleman (Neil)in Hollywood, Florida who has a
3.5 month old, male ferret who needs a new home.  Neil was told by his
landlord either the ferret goes or he pays a $300 pet fee, which he cannot
afford.  Oscar was supposed to be gone by last Wednesday, so he's in a bit
of a bind.

Oscar is in good health, and has recently had his distemper shot but is due
for a booster.  He has not had his rabies shot.  Neil has also not had much
success litter training Oscar.  But he's quite young and there's plenty of
time for improvement in the right setting!

Neil said he would like to get $50 for Oscar, but in the same breath, he
made it sound like that wouldn't going to keep him from placing Oscar in
the right home.  Neil has a four story cage, but said he would like to keep
that because he sees a ferret in his future.

I have gotten Neil's permission to post his e-mail address here, so if
you're interested, contact Neil directly at [log in to unmask]  I'd
appreciate it if you'd let me know if you decide to take Oscar so I don't
continue to hunt for a home for him.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc