From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:27:42 -0400
>From:  Ingella Arwidsson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets in cages....continued
>However, I cannot understand the piece about " when you have other animals,
>children and a lot of people coming and going.."
>In that case, maybe the ferrets are not just the right pets!

Ingella, many people coming & going could mean having a few friends over
for a barbecue.  I've known several people who've lost their beloved pet
when then slipped out the door unnoticed while greeting company.  And many
households have multiple species of pets.  I also have birds & must protect
them from what the ferret *might* do to cause them harm.  As for a younger
child who might not think before slamming the door behind him (or not
closing it at all)...do you deny the older sibling his cherished pet
because of another member of the family?  All of these situations can be
dealt with responsibly.  I use a cage to protect my little ones from the
potential harm of their own inquisitive nature.  I've been through my share
of mishaps (fortunately without serious consequences) through the years &
feel it's necessary to share my experiences in an effort to prevent
another's tragedy.

Please don't think you've been flamed.  I was just trying to present another
perspective that you may not have been familiar with.  My concern lies w/the
safety of the ferrets.  Sharing information is what the FML is all about.

Juliana Quadrozzi, Foster Mom
GA Domestic Ferret Association
visit our web page at:  http://www.mindspring.com/~jcrow/gdfa/index.html