Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 23:54:43 +1000
I can look back and laugh in the knowledge that no animals were seriously
hurt, but it was jolly funny.

Sabrina likes climbing on the computer and generally causing havoc -
especially attacking other animals.  I would definitely have to say that she
rules the roost.  Anyway one day she thought of a brilliant way to get the
cat (again), as the cat passed below her she dropped a glass on his head.
Fortunately it didn't break - the glass that is - and Sabrina just stood
there with the smuggest expression I have ever seen.  The next day the cat
got its own back and dropped a glass on Sabrina from a good height.  This
time the glass did smash and cut Sabrina slightly on the paw.  Anyway, after
the two of them had smahed six glasses between the two of them on each
others heads, the game finally came to a halt.

Question: do other people's ferrets do suicidal things as well?  Sabrina has
this great game of getting in a playful mood and and attacking your hand -
she doesn't bite hard so its tolerated and she is thrown back onto the bed.
She then dances about and attacks you again.  So repeats the process as she
launches herself at you again and again until you are laughing so hard that
you miss catching her and she leaps into the wall instead.  She then runs
off dooking maniacally and attacks the cat.

I sometimes wonder about my sanity when I find amusement in the
terrorisation of the cat.  However, the cat can defens itself and is
actually a very good cat to have with ferrets because he has taken to
pummelling the ferrets with a paw.  And he doesn't use claws.  One of the
funniest things I saw was the ferret walking along the edge of the bed, as I
was lying on it, minding its own business; and then this paw suddenly comes
over the edge of the bed and swats the ferret and then the cat darts of to a
safe hiding place.

Regards
Dan

PS I have never seen anything so innocent looking as a ferret who has just
destoryed something and you don't know what it is.