From:
Carlos Marcial <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 07:37:51 -0500
We are relatively new ferret owners.  Both of this family's ferrets are
'rescure ferrets'.  I have been reading this list with smiles - frwons -
and interest for weeks now.  i am a registered nurse and at present am in
school studying to become a nurse midwife.  i have a few questions.

#1 - what is ADV testing?  when should it be done?  i see it mentioned all
the time, and am wondering.

#2 - how long are ferrets supposed to get ferret milk after birth?  are
most kits allowed to get their mom's milk for the full time?  i have seen
many diseases mentioned by those on the list.  and if you know how much
human milk protects us from diseases later on in life, you'd wonder why
not.

Leila Marcial, RN, SNM
mom to Chris & Rafe & Rocky & Weasel
Carlos Marcial dad to the same fab four.

ps: do you know what it is like in a living room with FOUR 12 year old
    boys and TWO male fixed ferrets and nintendo on????????????