From:
Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:51:35 -0700
I would just like to give a collective thanks to all who responded to my
query about cats and ferrets being able to live in harmony.  Happily, I
got more positive responses than negative ones.  However, I just spoke to
the breeder today and she says she would not be able to not "worry" about
the kitten living with the ferrets so has decided not to let me have him.
I'm not afraid to tell you that I got a little emotional and actually
cried on the phone, so I had to e-mail her later, since I believe she is
judging me not to have sense enough to care for/protect a small kitten
who she is worried about living with "predators".  And yes, I did read
that post about the kitten that was killed by ferts, but if I recall
correctly that was an very small orphaned kitten that woman was trying
to bottle feed and keep alive.  This kitten would have been 12 weeks old
by the time he came to live with us and I have the capability of keeping
him apart from the ferts as long as needed.

Oh well, sorry but I just needed to vent about what I see as a
judgemental decision about ferrets.  I was honest with her and look what
it got me.  Next time I'll just keep quiet (if I can!) about my beloved
pets.  BTW, some of you said I could have her contact you if she had more
questions, so I forwarded your emails to her.  I doubt it'll help, but
keep your fingers crossed for me and my broken heart!

Elizabeth

crazyaboutfuzzies ^..^
                           =.=