From:
Diane Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:01:39 -0400
My husband got a call today that a lady no longer has time for 2 ferrets,
age 10 and 7.  My husband explained to her that moving them to a new home
at this time could be traumatic to them, but she said she really doesn't
have any time to let them out of their cage for playtime, and she feels
bad.  The shelters on L.I.  are usually full, and considering their
advanced ages, it would be better if they directly went to a loving home.
The lady is particularly worried that when the 10 year old passes away the
7 year old will be alone.  The 10 year old still eats and poops normally
but is very skinny.  We have the lady's phone number so please email me at
[log in to unmask] and I will connect the two of you.  The lady was
upset because she contacted a shelter four months ago, and the guy promised
he would help find them a home and didn't even contact her after that or
to check on how the ferrets were doing.