From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 20:03:12 -0400
To: Peri + owner
        The Oregon Ferret Association and Shelter currently has in excess
of 150 (probably about 180) ferrets of all ages and colors. They can be
reached at (503) 557-8369 or 657-6902.  They are located in Oregon City
(exit 10 from I-205).  Christine and Dave Mathis run the shelter.  I am a
member of the OFA and donate >8 hours weekly to cleaning cages, trimming
nails, cleaning ear, bathing and getting lots of ferret kisses.  Prices
range from $50 (some kits) to $100 (neutered or spayed and descented).
Please do not buy from the pet stores in the area as the ferrets are kept
in horrible conditions.  (We are trying to correct this situation.)
        Good luck taking a ferret back to California.  We have set up
sattelite rescue stations at the border between Oregon and California so
if your child gets confiscated, they will (hopefully) not be destroyed
but sent back to Portland. There are no guarantees that they won't be
destroyed so we can't recommend going to California, but we can't stop
you from trying!