From:
"Riddle, Suzanna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:19:09 -0600
With the addition of my 3rd ferret back in February I decided I needed to
get a bigger cage.  My ferrets are caged while I'm at work and I wanted a
cage big enough to give them some room to run around.  For months I looked
into what cage would be best and I saved money.  I ordered a cage on-line
from Kritter Kages.  They were using a on-line service called Riverbend
Stores to handle the web page, ordering and billing.  The new cage would
have plenty of room for my ferrets to run around and extra room to add a few
more if ferret math should strike.  According to the Riverbend web page the
shipping was about $40.00.  I received a call from the trucking company who
wanted $146.00 at the time of delivery to cover shipping.  I was shocked.  I
called Karen, the sales manager at Riverbend, and she agreed to split the
shipping charges with me.  The next day my cage was delivered in terrible
shape.  The pan in the bottom was so crunched it was torn, there is a huge
dent on the side by the second level, the second level floor is buckled, and
there are other dents and dings all over.  Karen agreed to work it out so a
new cage would be delivered and the damaged picked up.  The manufacturer
refuses to replace the cage or compromise with Riverbend in anyway.  Karen
told me that this wasn't the first time this has happened and that someone
in Washington had the exact same experience a few days ago.  Because of
this Riverbend has dropped Kritter Kage from their web site.  I have agreed
to keep this cage for now and as soon as Riverbend can find another
manufacturer who makes cages I can choose a comparable cage and Riverbend
will pick up the tab.  Karen has been willing to help any way she can and I
do not blame this on Riverbend at all.  I suppose Kritter Kages will
continue to sell their cages on their own and I want to warn everyone not
to buy one through the mail.  I hope this saves someone else the headache
I've gone through.

Suzanna Riddle
Library Services, Ball Aerospace
Phone (303) 939-6827   Fax (303) 939-4142