From:
Bruce Williams DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1993 08:00:07 -0400
  To Marie Hines:

        No need for thanks - we here at the AFIP have been doing ferret tissues
free of charge for two and a half years now - it's just that we ever could get
the word out, and the few practitioners that availed themselves of our service
didn't seem to want the "secret" to be made public.  But you may let your vet
know about us - it may save you some $$$ in the long run.  Also, if you have
him/her call before they perform any procedures which will require pathology, I
am always happy to consult and provide any information i can to make the results
as optimal as possible.

   To Kathy Krowl:  Dragging or scooting the behind following litter use is a
normal ferret behavior, unfortunately for my carpets.  Five of my six ferrets do
it.  It's okay when they are around a litter, because we provide small washable
throw rugs for this purpose, but when they are away from a litter, it makes even
a bigger mess!!

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP, Armed Forces Inst. of Pathology
[log in to unmask]  (202) 576-2454