From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:57:25 -0700
Hello,
My Ruby had adrenal surgery with a exploratory lap. on tuesday.  The
left adrenal was removed along with some nodules on the pancreas.  The
messantry lymph node was biopsed also.

She was doing well and eating the day after, but spiked a temp the next
day and stopped eating for the morning and afternoon.

She got better and was eating baby food off my finger at the vets (a
whole jar) and her fever went away and her blood sugar was normal.

She came home and the next day became very lethargic and did not want to
eat.

She went back to the vets and had a CBC, Chem and blood sugar checked.
Her temp was normal, surgery site good.  Her blood sugar was high, 200.
She had nutrical previously.  Which the vet said is good for emergency
hypoglycemic attack but not as a staple.  While at the vets, she perked
up and started eating her baby food.  So the vet let me take her back
home instead of re admitting her.

Her blood work came back normal, but showed inflammation, which is normal
after surgery.

She is eating her baby food, off my finger every 2-4 hours, but seems
very run down.  She does have brief periods of activity, but for the most
part is very sleepy.

The vet has her on amoxicillin, Arnica 3 drops daily, phosphorus 4 drops
twice a day along with brewers yeast and garlic powder with chorimum
(SP?) (to help blood sugar)

She also has a very strange brusie on her neck under her chin, we (myself
and the vet) have no idea how she got that.  ????

I am very worried.  My last ferret bounced back after surgery in like a
day.

Does any one have any feed back, suggestions or is familiar with the
meds?

The brewers yeast has garlic and it stinks.  Is the garlic really
necessary, does it come without it?  She isn't crazy about it.

thank you
suzi