From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:19:31 -0800
Hello Everyone...

Now that the holidays are coming up, I just wanted to say this...

When buying holiday gifts, please take a look to see who the
author/publisher/beneficiary is.  Both the Audubon Society and Sierra Club
are actively involved in the anti-ferret agenda of the Fish & Game Dept.
here in California, and have proven themselves to be eager participants in
the disinformation campaign targeted at defeating the legalization of the
domesticated ferret in our state.

If you see the name of either one of these organizations on the back of a
product, please... please... for the love of ferrets, please don't buy it!
Likely products are nature-themed items... calendars, cards, etc.  I've
even seen a clock.

There are many other individuals and organizations producing this sort of
thing, so hopefully we can redirect our holiday money away from these two
groups, and thereby make our feelings known where it hurts the most-- in
the pocketbook!!!!

Thanks for listening...

J. in CA