From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:57:15 -0400
Bob C: you forgot to include *why* ferrets are poorer predators than others.
I respectfully submit that it's because whenever they see prey and get ready
to pounce, their tails do that wagging thing - resulting in a resulting
machine-gun b-dop-b-dop-b-dop sound.  Of course, the prey hears this and
runs away.  Merely conjecture, of course.  :)

Fitch: The store 'Abercrombie and Fitch' always annoyed me a little, simply
because I know what 'Fitch' means.  I'm sure there's a different story
behind the store's name, anyhow.

When I was in an antique store a few weeks ago I was puttering around the
hats, and came across two fitch pelt.  While I'm sure most of you would've
been properly horrified, I was fascinated and spent quite a while examining
them.  I came to the eventual conclusion that fur fitch have *very* nice
coats.  The pelts were the 'entire' fitch - from nose leather to big, bushy
tail.  They were quite obviously either sable ferrets or Euro.  polecats,
and I assumed fur ferret.

John briefly joked about buying them for our ferrets, which I thought was
mildly macabre but might've done if I didn't realize that my ferrets either
would've been terrified of it or tried to eat it and gotten sick.  Besides,
what do they need with a dead furry pelt when they've got their own?
Speaking of which, Noodle's fur has gotten the strangest feel to it -
running your hands over it, it feels like a piece of chamois (the ultra-soft
suede used to polish stuff).  No kidding.  It's notable simply because his
fur has always been very mink-like, even to the point of the vets he's seen
commenting on it.  He's also losing his white undercoat and becoming more
and more coffee-grounds-colored.  Quite pretty!

Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters