From:
Mary Baum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 18:28:46 -0400
I have reading FML and the ferret health digest about tooth grinding
being an indication of stomach discomfort in ferrets.  I have noticed
that my male ferret of about seven years with some health problems that
are being treated by a ferret vet makes a sound like scissors slicing
through a tough material sometimes (not all the time) when he eats.
Since his main diet is kibble I assumed that the sound was cutting
through the hard material in the kibble.  Recently I have been feeding
him the baby food chicken that certainly does not need chewing.
Sometimes, but not all the time, he makes the same scissors sound and the
muscles on the top of his skull are working hard when he does this.  Is
this tooth grinding?  His apatite is very good and he does not reject
food when he does this.  He just keeps on eating.

Thank you for any help you can give me.