From:
Dave Burket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 07:52:51 -0400
I was at a Pet Depot that was moving (all the animals were being
transferred to other stores) due to the opening of a Petco..they had
a larger ferret in a small cage because (as the clerk said) he's somewhat
of a bully.  He was a little older, he had been there since 6wks. old and
no one wanted him. :-((  I fell in love.  He was reduced in price because
they wanted to find a good home for him.  My husband felt sure that when he
went to one of the other stores someone would take him.  We left and went
home.  All night, he's all I could think about.  the next morning I called
the store (hopeing they would still answer the phone as the day before was
their last day open for business) the girl that answered told me that all
the animals had been transferred to 2 different stores and she didn't know
which one the ferret went to.  She gave me the phone numbers and I called.
The first store had him.  I asked all sorts of questions and told them I'd
be there to get him.  It was a 2 1/2 hr.  rive one way to this new store.
Asked my husband if he wanted to go for a ride... hehe...and went and
bought him.  He was so happy to be out of that little cage they had him in.
I figured he was about 6-8 months old from his size.  the next day I called
the original store again and asked if they could tell me how old he was as
I didn't get any papers with him (he's a MF) and they said 3 months.....
he's as big as my 1 1/2 yr. old.  He has white toes and is a little rough
playing but he's calmed down quite abit... only had him 2 days, but i think
he just had so much pent-up energy from being cooped up all the time.  He's
fitting in just fine.

Just wanted to tell everyone.  BTW, his name is Simon.  He joins Pico,
Lily, Snowflake and Pepe`.

Pamela

<http://www.geocities.com/my_ferrets/>

Luke 6:37

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye
 shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."