From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:43:22 -0400
Okay, just a quick note today.  I'm busy caring for ferrets with this
year's version of the '"icks".  (Runny, smelly stools that last a couple of
days.  They're still active and eating and drinking, so we're not worried,
just busy.)

I've been told by a reliable source that yes, NJ Dept of Fish and Wildlife
still requires ferret permits.  They are $10 a year and cover all ferrets
that you may own.  I asked why Dept of Fish and Wildlife still has any
say, since ferrets are now officialy pets and fall under the domestic pets,
rabies rules, I was told that it's nto worth making waves.  The Dept has
been ever so supportinve and helpful, and no one wants to jeopardize the
wonderful relationship that exists in NJ between the ferret community and
the Dept.  I agree completely.  And so, I'm going to send off my $10 for my
permit, just like I pay the fees each year for my cats.  It's so little to
put out to ensure the safety of my beloved carpet sharks.

Ta' for now!
Anastasia Kidd