From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:45:27 -0500
Hi.  I am obviously way behind on FMLs, but I wanted to comment on this:

>but my other 4 ferrets never had this problem.  the doctor now has dante
>on prescription diet cat food from the vet.  as well as my other ferrets
>now too.

Did your doctor tell you to give the prescription diet to the other
ferrets?  If you are feeding them CD/O or CD/S (I didn't catch if your
ferret had oxylate crystals or struvite crystals), a ferret that does NOT
have crystals in their urine can get the opposite problem from feeding
the prescription diet-that can be as fatal as the one with the problem
going untreated.  Please check with your vet if you are feeding everyone
the same prescription diet now.  FYI!

-April

"There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."
-Groundskeeper Willy, "The Simpsons"