From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:03:34 -0500
>From:    DEBBIE BAMBRIELL <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: To the WFA
>Until some of the best help us low life learn about ferrets there is no
>reason to adopt from any shelter.  A number of us have posted to BIGS list
>with no answers.  If we can't solve our number of ferrets in our household
>how can we ever solve the problem to want to adopt any new ferrets?

Um...did I miss something?  I've gone back over the last few days but
can't find what this is in reference to.  Besides being obscure in
context, rudely presented, and quite confusing grammatically, this
doesn't make any sense.  I tried to e-mail the sender and ask just what
the heck they meant by this, but the e-mail bounced.

Anyone have any clue??

In any case, I would have to refute the strange remark that seems to
imply that unless you learn about ferrets there is no point adopting from
shelters.  People who know little or nothing about ferrets are WAY better
off adopting from a shelter, because they get all the education they need
plus an on-call emergency reference in the form of a shelter director and
other rescue workers.

As to the last part about solving the number of ferrets in the household
and solving the problem to want to adopt any new ferrets...well, I really
don't get that, which was why I was trying to see if I could find some
post that it was in response to, but I'm clueless.

-Heather W. in Massachusetts
 "Huh?"

[Moderator's note: I was hoping someone else knew what it was about,
because I sure didn't.  It certainly seemed harmless and certainly so
mysterious!  BIG]