From:
Terri Beier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 08:24:07 -0500
Jill, I had to laugh when I read your post about your six year old who licks
you at night.  One of my ferrets, Rippey, pays absolutely no attention to my
feet or legs during the day.  As soon as he sees me get into bed he goes
crazy!  He climbs on the bed, runs under the covers and starts licking my
legs and feet.  Soon he is scratching them, almost as if he is trying to dig
into them.  Then he starts biting my feet and trying to pull them away.  I
have no idea why he does this, I simply laugh at him.

FESTER
For all of you who have been wondering about Fester, he is slowly getting
better.  He has been extremely sick for 12 1/2 weeks.  Many people have sent
me suggestions and we are trying everything (thanks for all of your help).
Basically, he is believed to have proliferative colitis complicated by
Helicobacter gastric ulcers.  His appetite increased greatly soon after the
addition of Amoxicillin for the Helicobacter.  I now only have to force feed
him half as much as I used to.  But he won't eat out of a bowl, only off
from a spoon or my finger.  All of his muscles are starting to loosen up and
he is now walking everyday in a bathtub full of water.  When Sukie and
Steve's Meltdown crossed Rainbow Bridge, I brought some carnations home in
memory of Meltdown and in hopes of cheering Fester up.  Amazingly, he loved
them.  It was right after that that he began holding his head up on his own
and moving a little more on the floor.  Fester, all of his brothers and
sisters, and I would like to thank everyone for all of the support and
advice that you have given to us.  We certainly would not have made it this
far without you!

Oh, I have also been able to add a lot more Totally Ferret to his duck soup.
He really seems to like it and his stools are almost back to a normal shape,
etc.

Terri
Gus, Fester, Rippey, Kirby, Oliver, and Maggie