Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:07:17 -0000
Bob wrote:-
>second half of the story where Picard was captured by the Cardasians and
>tortured.  The ferret was a pet of the chief inquistor's daughter, but
>called by some alien name.  I believe it was an albino inside some sort
>of bubble-like cage, but can't be sure because I haven't seen the episode
>in such a long time.  But it was clearly a ferret.

The episode was Chain of Command Part II - and the animal was a Cardasian
Wompat.  The episode was, I think, the 11th of the sixth season.  I have
been tempted on many occasions when doing PR work with my ferrets to label
the cages containing albinos as being Wompats - the only trouble is that
some members of the public might believe it:-)

I seem to remember someone on the FML mentioning the ferret in TNG a heck
of a while ago.

"Otters are ferrets in wet-suits"

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 15 Dec 1998
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill & Bobby.