Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:40:22 EDT
So many kind and curious people have E-mailed me to ask me how I named my
baby ferret: Sunny Rhino Mud.  His name just unraveled and evolved over
time and experince.

When this little ferret first came into my life, we really did not think it
had a good chance of survival.  His eyes were still closed.  He was sick.
His sister and brother were already dead.  He could not eat kibble.  He
could not stand or walk.  He fit in the palm of my small hand.  He sneezed
and coughed repeatedly so hard he knocked himself backwords.  The vet
thought he might have distemper.  I had to feed him every 4 hours.

I called him Sunny to make a positive statement in his delicate unstable
life.  Kind of a good luck charm name.

Rhino came easily because he looked like one a few days later.  His head
was half the size of his body.  It was big and square shaped.  He had a
stubby rhino tail and stubby rhino legs on a round body.  The baby could
not put his head up.  It hung down dragging along the ground like a
charging rhino.  He would take off like a terror---for a few steps: Until
he fell over.:-)

Mud is what my sister called him a week later, after he visited her house
and ran into her bathroom.  He fell down a chute under her bathroom sink
into the heating ducts in the basement.  It took hours to get him out.  An
entire duct had to be removed.  Dirt and dust drizzled down on us when we
removed the ceiling tiles.  We were coated in filth, though wearing our
Sunday best clothes.

My sister said that his name was not rhino as far as she was concerned.
His name was mud.  And he was asked Never to return!!!!!!!!!

Thus:  Sunny Rhino Mud.
 :-)

Lisette