From:
"Rommie L. Duckworth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 00:32:21 -0500
Lasix (Furosemide) is also used in humans in a dose of around 0.4mg/kg and
works as a loop diuretic and a mild vasodilator.

That is, the Lasix causes the kidneys to filter out a great deal of fluid
from the body at the same time the Lasix causes the body's blood vessels to
expand slightly.  This gives the effect of removing fluid from the body
(usually for the purposes of getting fluid out of the lungs) and lowering
blood pressure.

I have done some quick and incomplete research on the use of Lasix in
ferrets (i.e.  I asked my vet in passing) and she said that they would
pretty much use Lasix to do the same for a ferret.

-Rommie L. Duckworth
EMT- Paramedic / Firefighter: Connecticut

Scamper (the scamp) & Punkin (the punk)