From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 19:37:38 +0000
Well, I survived!!  I think the day went really good, especially for the
first time ferrets had this type of public exposure in Tulsa.  We had a
great time and got a chance to make friends with lot's of other rescue
groups in the area and meet lot's of nice people.  We even got to
participate in helping save a litter of 3 day old kittens dumped outside
the event.

We met lot's of people who had never been around ferrets or only heard
bad things, and they left our booth charmed and with a new respect for
our fuzzbutts.  We also met some ferret owners who had never gotten the
basics on care and feeding and they left loaded down with information.  We
received several applications for shelter adoptions and foster homes, and
people offering to become involved with the rescue and education program.

Some came at different times, but we had a total of like 12 people
volunteering with the booth throughout the day, and I am glad we did...
there were times we were so swamped we could barely handle all the
questions!

For a first effort, I think the booth looked pretty good, about the only
*major* thing we were missing was a sharp looking banner (budget ya know)
so we made do with a computer created sign run off as a poster at Kinko's.

The ferrets we chose to take were perfect ambassadors for the ferret world,
not a single nip or problem throughout the whole day.  They played all day
and enjoyed all the extra special attention.  We all left the day totally
wiped out but very pleased.  here is a few pics of the booth.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=633665&a=5685755&p=20482800&Sequence=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=633665&a=5685755&p=20482801&Sequence=0