Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:52:06 -0500
Bridgett will have her adrenal surgery on Thursday, January 23.  Bridgett
seems awfully young to have an adrenal tumor; she's only about three years
old (no ear tattoos, by the way).  Bridgett has had a pretty rough life.
She spent her childhood with people who didn't want her and didn't
understand the needs of ferrets.  When she came to us, she didn't even know
how to play.  She was underfed and lacking in social skills.  Although she
quickly adjusted to us (and to plentiful food and a soft sleep tube), our
other ferrets did not accept her.  It took seven months before she could
finally live in the same cage with the others.  Even though Bridgett has
learned to play, wrestle, and dance, she still has sort of a sad expression
on her face sometimes.  I hope she recovers quickly from surgery and has a
good prognosis.  I wish she didn't have to go through this.

Clare Sebok

Ben, Jerry, Buttercup, Bridgett, & Jasmine