From:
Sarah Nothelfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:37:41 -0500
Thanks so much to everyone who responded about my ferret, Sidney.  You
gave me lots of good advice.  He has only pawed once or twice in the last
few days and that's only after drinking water.  He'll take a drink, then
kind of wretch and paw.  He went in this morning for some blood work.
What a fiasco!  First, they didn't get a big enough sample to do a whole
profile, so they ended up cutting a toe nail.  Then the machine "wouldn't
take his blood," whatever that means.  So they had to cut another toe
nail for another sample.  They sent the blood out to be analyzed and I'll
know more at the end of the week.  The vet is recommending to just watch
his diet for now.  They didn't recommend drug therapy yet because his
symptoms weren't severe and said he wasn't a candidate for surgery
because he is 6.  He seems ok for now but he doesn't want to play, he
just lays around.  I miss seeing him jump and play.  Thanks again for
the help!