Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 12:40:04 EDT
Well I did it, I bought another ferret.  It's a girl and her name is Naley
(like Nala from Lion King).Actually my boyfriend bought her for our
anniversary!  She is the sweetest little thing, and I mean little.  She is 6
weeks old and a butterscotch(?).  Next to her George our 1year old sable
male looks hurking.  (was he always this big?) I was worried that George,
Mommies baby would be jealous of the new baby so we bought him a new 3 story
cage (would you believe $99 for cage!) well he loves it.  Thanks to the FML
we lined the ramps with old jeans, and the floors with carpet runners.  What
a great idea!  They can be whiped off if accidents happen (which they did).
Naley's first night with me she cried herself to sleep.  She sounded like a
goose.  I felt so bad so I held her and tried to calm her down.  She had
been in ceader at the pet store and I took it away so I thought that may
have been it so I gave her a little to lie on (just for the nite) she still
cried so I gave her one of George's shirts and wouldn't you know little girl
fell asleep right away.  Missing bro's and sis's?  Well I was worried about
putting her with George so I followed what people here have said and he
loves her and she loves him.  They sleep together (them and a stuffed
Simba)in the big cage.  When he gets annoyed with her he goes to the third
level and goes to sleep.  We also got George (and me) a new toy.  A weasle
ball.  This is the best toy.  It is a weale attached to a ball and the ball
wiggles all around so the weasle chases it.  (remove eyes for ferret use) I
also found a new food Kaytee ferret food.  George hates it but Naley loves
it.  It is moist and the pellets are real small for baby.  She has her bowl
and George has his.  One more thing no matter what I do, cleaning, bitter
apple, indoor no spray for cats, covering with bedding or food George still
goes in this one corner, now Naley does it too!  Help I cannot put a pan
there it is behind the door what do I do??????  Thank you for letting me
babble and for all the information this list has given me.  When I got
George I was lost and the pet store had no clue what to tell me.  This list
is wonderful!

-Shannon Iko [log in to unmask]

George- I'm still Mommy's favorite, right Mom?  Look Mom I LIKE to cuddle!

Naley- Come on big brother go cuddle Mommy, my Daddy loves me.

George-              Naley-