From:
Apryl Keniston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:08:23 -0400
Hello all;

Well, I just returned from the vet's office after watching Dr. Dyer perform
Sunny's exploratory surgery (which is exactly what it turned out to be,
exploratory).  He found no evidence of any testicular tissue remaining
(Sorry Marshall Farms), and after a very close and extensive look at both
adrenals he is positive that it's not adrenal disease.  HOORAY!!!  So, his
opinion is that some other gland is producing testosterone and that is the
reason for Sunny's condition.  When I left the vet's office this morning,
Sunny was wide awake but not moving around much, I guess it "HURTS".  He
made it through just fine and guess what, so did I.  I didn't embarass
myself by turning into a puddle on the floor in a dead faint.

OK.  Now for the question....any vets that may still be with us please, do
any of you know what treatment can be started to help Sunny get through his
bout of 'spring fever'?  Dr. Dyer is going to start him on low levels of
estrogen to try to combat the production of testosterone.  If any of you
don't agree with this course of treatment or can think of anything else to
try, please post to the FML or, better yet, e-mail me directly.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may share with me.

Apryl (and the 'Octa-gang')