From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:52:54 -0800
I just HAD to share the WONDERFUL NEWS that the mailman brought my friend
Jan, the shelter MOM at Gimmee Shelter Ferret Rescue in Wareham, MA.  They
are now a non profit tax exempt entity.!  GREAT WORK Jan!

Jan has been sheltering for several years in Eastern MA, and does an
excellent job at rehabbing and supportive care whenever necessary.  Her
shelter is most always brimming with rescues from the local SPCA's and
local ACO's, so if you are in the Cape area or would not mind a drive--
give Jan a holler inquire about her potential placements - her email addy
is: [log in to unmask]

Jan is always looking for ferret knowledgeable volunteers, and even foster
parents!

Their shelter fundraising event is scheduled for April 7th-- see below
We are very pleased to hear that Gimmee Shelter has reached this landmark
and will be supportive as they continue to grow and provide great
sheltering care.  Another wonderful asset to the New England Sheltering
community!  WELCOME ABOARD!

For those of you who would like to meet the folks of Gimmee Shelter-- why
not attend the Ferret FUN DAY event to support Gimmee Shelter to be held
Saturday April 7 11AM- 3 PM at the American Legion Hall, 777 Main Street,
Wareham, MA.

Directions:
FROM I 195

FROM RI....
Follow I 195 East to Exit 21, at top of ramp, go LEFT onto Rt. 28
(Cranberry Hwy)

Follow Cranberry for .5 mi and turn LEFT onto Tobey Road
(across from Maxi Gas)

Follow to Stop sign at end, turn LEFT onto Main Street, first building on
the left, American Legion Hall

From Western MA, NH, VT, ME.....
Follow to I 195 West to Exit 21, at top of ramp, go RIGHT onto Rt. 28
(Cranberry Hwy)

Follow Cranberry Highway .4 mi and turn LEFT onto Tobey Road
(across from Maxi Gas)

Follow to Stop sign at end, turn LEFT onto Main Street, first building on
left (American Legion Hall)

From East of Wareham.....
You would probably be coming in by boat, so check with local HarborMaster...

If anyone is still uncertain about the best way to reach Wareham or
777 Main Street, you might try www.expedia.com or any other map routing
site on the internet.

please don't hesitate to email at :