Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:50:03 EST
I've read some of the posts concerning mice in the home with ferrets.I'd
like to add my 0.2.

I have a field behind my place & another in fronf.My neighbors don't cut
their grass but maybe once all summer.One the one side of me.  One day,I
thought I saw a mouse run by in my side vision.I'm like,no way!!  I had a
23# cat,& all these shelter kids would kill it.Stinkin Cat (RIP) wouldn't
eat them but loved to play with them until they died.

Couple days later,I found mice droppings in a empty cage.I raced to the
phone to call my pest control company,as they have been coming to my home
monthly & I pay them to keep all creepy bugs,mice away from here.  So,
Patrick comes & sets out these weird looking disks with a powder in them
that is not poisin to other animals,as I have feral cats in my
neighborhood.It will just make the mice inmobile,not actually killing
them.

I'm thinking,ok,this will work.Wrong!!!!  The mice had chewed thru my
walls & whereever to have access to my home.They liked the ferret room
best.And why not?Lots of fresh food/water.The ferrets never even tried to
kill them!!

I have several litter boxes in both all the cages & thru out the room.It
didn't scare them(mice ) a bit.

I set up mouse traps in empty cages,baited with a smear of Peanut butter.
Made sure that all the cage doors to the cages I used(3) were locked,so
no ferts could get to the traps.I killed 5 in 2 days.Tiny little field
mice.While so pretty,I still didn't want them to reside with me.

I have 2 sick cages that I have baited traps in,doors locked to them,& am
so thankful that in weeks now,no mice.

Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/shelter
http://fuzzyslave.tripod.com