From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 15:21:53 -0400
Melissa and Potpie here!

Just writing to tell youse folks that i managed to call my representative
(Kirk Profit) and express my support for the MI legislation. I believe
Profit is Ypsi only, but his # is 517-373-9459. Now, having done
my little bit, im going to see who else i can get to call for me. :)

Status report: Potpie is _such_ a darling, but _so_ very obnoxious at times.
Admittedly, i do what i can to spoil her, but her adopted forms of self-
amusement now include chewing big holes in the clothing that i drop onto
the floor ('Look!' i say to my friends, holding out my sleeve. 'POTPIE!!'
the friends usually say enthusiastically, with big grins), and begging
charmingly for foodbits (she likes bready stuff with cinnaman in it--bagels,
cookies). No, she never used to beg before, but then again, before i never
fed her any of what i was eating :)
She also ADORES being picked up. Every time i reach down, she stands on her
hind legs, wraps her front paws around my wrist, and hooks her back paws
on the ends of my fingers. I think she just likes the vantage point of my
shoulder; i can be sitting on the bed and *ZOOM* Potpie skitters onto the
bed, *ZOOM* goes straight up the front of my shirt, *ZOOM* from one shoulder
to the other, and *ZOOM* goes straight back down the back of my shirt. :)
(DOOKing all the while, of course. 'AIE! Whiskers up my nose!')

Ferrets are easily the most cartoon-like animals i've ever seen.

Potpie, "You gimme that shoe back!"
and
Melissa, who keeps all of her valuables on top of one dresser now