From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:37:42 EDT
Hi everyone, I want to thank Sharon and Robin and everyone who bid on the
symposium print to help our shelter with the vet bill.  It was a great
success, raising $123.50 going to our vet.  Our vet bill is high right
now and with more sick ferrets comming through the doors its not going
down.  But as usual the most wonderful people come through to help the
shelter kids.

I can't thank you all enough.  I'm so very behind on getting out thank
yous but they are here and geting ready to go out to everyone who has
sent presents to the ferrets.  I recently got fired from a job that I
loved so much but it was killing me emotionally and physically, then
never being fired before was a shock and I'm just now getting over the
depression of that.  Over the last few months I have suffered great
personl losses also.  My baby Annie Bones passed away suddlenly in my
arms, in less than a minute, Robin Tyson Jones pased way 5 days later, we
lost a few old timers, Niles and Ford.  And on monday my sweet hedgehog,
Harley passed away.

The great news is I'll be working again next week, at a job that won't
kill me emotionally, thanks to Mark and Anna, longtime friends of the
shelter for hiring me.  Its a great relief not to have to think about
going into working as a vet tech again, I just couldn't deal with that
after the train wreck of a job I had at our local animal shelter.  I
guess in hindsight it wasn't a good job for me, knowing that i would
love each and every animal there and how the sensless euthansia of many
of them would effect me.  I tried hard to help them but it was to no
avail, it was just another pitbull or cat or old dog to my supervisors
and many co workers, their lives didn't matter to them, many could have
been helped and found homes.  I have 2 new cats and a small dog that I
did take home and adopt, among a few ferrets also.  so now I'm hoping
to get back on track, devote the time needed to my shelter with out doing
it while sleepwalking, lol.

I have the best group of volunteers anyone could hope for, the best
friends I've ever had, all who have stuck by me through all this turmoil
I've been going through.  The shelter ferrets are lucky to have them
also.

Take care,
Cj
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter