From:
Bryan McCullough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 00:08:05 -0400
   My 2yr old Meighan hasn't quite accepted her new roomate Meche.  She
usually runs around the house hissing in exasperation with Meche close
behind, nipping at her tail.  Recently though, things are looking better
as Meighan has begun fighting back.
   That apparently was what was happening when I got up from the NBA game to
investigate the frantic sound of Meighan's collar bell.  She likes to sleep
under the kitchen stove, but has gotten too big to get out from under unless
the storage door has been left open, so I often have to go let her out.
Since I thought I knew what the problem was, I didn't call out to let her
know I was coming.  Big mistake!
  Two wrestling fuzzies, silently, desperately attempting the ultimate pin,
suddenly noticed something BIG looming over them!  Cheese it kid, it's the
cops!  BAIL OUT!  Head for cover, ME FIRST!!!!
  What do I see? Two balls of fur, each follicle at full extension, four
bugged eyes and two puffball tails, eight stubby legs frantically and
futilely trying to get traction on the tile, making turns for ninety knots
and achieving two inches per second, tiny claws scrabbling at the linoleum,
noses pointed dead on at the only safe haven the stove!  Dive! Dive! Dive!
Thud, thud and two tails disappear under the door.  A quick turn, and two
noses and four eyes peer out from under, periscopes at full extension, only
to discover the enemy was...Daaad!  All clear to surface, and why's Dadmaking
that noise and shaking?
   The emergency over, Meighan makes a quick getaway to her next safehouse,
leaving Meche to attack Dad's toes.   Life with ferrets is never dull.

Bryan (Now it's quiet, UhOh!)
Meighan ('Bout gave me heart failure Dad!)
Meche (Huh? Hey, she got away!)