From:
Ingrid K Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:42:41 -0800
>She claimed that the standard sables do not sell like the lighter
>colored ones and the fancier marked ones.  The owner told me that
>the next shipment, she would pick out a sable just to show me how slow
>they sell (she only got one or two kits at a time, I'm sure she was
>splitting the shipment with another store).  So she did.  Now I can
>tell you that normally, her ferrets are gone with in a week.
>
>I now understood how huge the public demand was for "fancier" ferrets.
>I saw it with my own eyes.

I, too, have noticed the fancies go first, then sables and last, the
albinos.  I am not saying anything about Marshall's but just that I
notice the fancy ones go first.

There was a pet shop here in North Las Vegas that sold their baby ferrets
cheaper than other pet shops and those would go so fast.  I would call
them, they would tell me when the next batch was coming in, if I wanted
a certain color they would hold it for me for the day but they said I
better get there quick.

Once, they said they would be getting a batch in the morning, I got there
in the afternoon and ALL the fancies and sables were gone and the only
ones left were albinos.  (I took an albino home) The lady said she always
has a hard time with albinos because don't like the eye color and some
think they are "mean".  To me, that is like saying brown eyed people are
meaner than blue eyed.

I notice at another popular pet shop around here, they keep the older
ferrets in back of the shop and the cute kits right in the front as soon
as you walk in the door.  The older ones in the back are always sables or
more likely, albinos.

And I have seen this with my own eyes.  So I agree.  And the
inexperienced ferret owners have no clue the fancies could be deaf and
bite simply because of this.  I would think though, people always go
for the unusual colored pet of any kind?

Ingrid