From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 06:32:47 -0700
Rick brought up a god point in his post regarding conflict's in
organizations.

Here, in NH I was a subscriber to the UFO newsletter for sometime PRIOR
to ferret legalization in MA.  In fact it was one ( along with FURO
publications) source of educational materials for a newly legalized ferret
community --that in NH.  But it is also my understanding that throughout
the MA legalization process the MA- UFO was not as helpful as one would
expect a pro ferret organizations to be.

Mind you-- I am relaying things second-- perhaps third hand -- yes heresay--
but I understand that they nearly did more harm than good in the
legalization processes of the ferret in MA.

That is all over and done with now -- what amazes me MORE is that now that
ferrets ARE legal in MA-- you NEVER hear of UFO.  Thewre is no contact
information-- our newsletters lapsed prior to expiration -- in all I would
say they seem to have crawled into a hole somewhere-- If I am wrong I would
certainly LoVE to have the contact information-- and direct MA referrals
their way.  I have been unable to find phone contact-- and written
communications (dated some time ago) have never been returned.

Thanks for listening to observations from an outsider.  Good luck with your
organization in UT.  Please use the folks at Best Friends for informational
resources-- they are the best!

alicia