From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 12:54:47 -0400
I had a friend some years ago who has to have his 2-yr old ferret Spike put
to sleep.  Poor Spike had been alternately frisky & collapsing, so my
friend took him to the vet.  The vet (a diabetic himself), recalled similar
symptoms in himself, and did a blood glucose series after feeding & fasting
(I think, it was some time ago.).  He confirmed it to be diabetes, and it
was decided that although insulin was available, administering it
accurately (dosages are by body weight, and can change over time with
changes in the diease) would prove nearly impossible, and so Spike was put
to sleep.

Perhaps the medication is better now, and easier to administer.

-- MAnon
(my new pseudonym, until the bill goes thru!)