From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:47:32 -0800
HI and dukes to all!!  I read every posting here- but rarely get a chance
to post..

Our vet also uses the Propylene Glycol solution....1 ml per pound 1ce per
month.  No problems in giving in and it lasts along time.

With 11 ferrets, something is always up.  I've got a 4.5 yr old who is
minus his left asrenal and one kidney.  That surgery was 1 year ago.  It
seems to have caught up to him as it now seems he'll have urinary tract
problems for just about ever.  We had been giving him Baytril which brought
the counts down a little.... but giving baytril twice a day forever is just
too much!!  <Those of you who have given Baytril know just how much they
HATE it>..  We're trying Claramox drop to see if they help just as much..
let's hope so for Norman's sake!!  :)

I've got a couple more that seems to have possible come down with adrenal
again.  They are getting the adrenal panal test on Monday.  I am very
hesitant on removing the 2nd adrenal so we are strongly considering Lupron.
I wish we had Cryo Surgery in this area... Our vet is interested in it but
it isn't available yet...

I think our business's favorite toys would be bags- any kind that are big
and crinkle when they crawl in them.  We usually cut an extra hole in the
end and just throw it on the floor- that's all it takes!!!

I guess that's all for now.  Except to say that this list is awesome.  I
feel like this is a great place for support where no question is stupid and
knwledge is abundant.  Perhaps, soon I hope, I'll get the time to post more
often!!

Michelle and my 11 Monsters! :0
<Oz, Norman, Charlie, Houdini, Buttercup, Dot, Delilah, Sampson, Jack,
Popcorn, and Zeus>