From:
Toni Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:26:05 -0500
This may not be outrageous, but it's a cute, true story about buying
toys for a ferret.

One Christmas, after returning home from shopping and setting my bags
down, I noticed Quigley, our sweet sable, running off with a small baby
doll that I'd purchased for my niece. Since I didn't want to give my
niece a doll with teeth marks in its face, I decided to let him keep
it. He absolutely LOVED that doll and would drag it from hidey-hole to
hidey-hole. He even managed to take its clothes off don't know how or
why he did that. Over the years I'd buy him a new doll when I'd see the
type he liked plastic head, hands and feet with a cloth body, about 4
inches long.

After my divorce, I moved in with my mother for a few years and my
ferrets came with me. Quigley continued to love and hide his baby
dolls. The Christmas after I moved out, my mother had a hardy laugh
while bringing out her Christmas decorations. The box that held her
nativity set had a hole chewed in the corner, with one of Quigy's
dolls stuffed halfway inside. I said that he wanted the doll to play
baby Jesus.

Quigy's at the Rainbow Bridge now, but he left behind many wonderful
memories including a nativity set box, with the hole still in it.

Toni & Robert with our sweet seven