From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:46:20 -0500
Hi Kym,

I've been in Miami, Florida for the last 20 years, though I'm originally
from the 'burbs of Chicago (Des Plaines, Mt.  Prospect, etc.).  They can
keep their weather!  I believe I found out about the FML on a BBS in
Chicago around '91 when I was trying to get some help for my first ferret,
Sidney, who we got from a pet store in 1986.  There was a ferret message
board on this BBS manned by a guy who was quite active in the Chicago
shelter and whose name I have since forgotten (maybe Roger something?).
Haven't seen his name around here in quite some time.  This was when Chris
ran the FML and I subscribed through Fidonet, which had a gateway into the
Internet.  I have three ferrets of my own, two boys and a girl, and as you
can see from my signature, I'm involved in our local shelter.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc