From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 22:33:19 -0500
At the shelter, I also have 6 of my own ferrets.  Over the past few weeks, 4
of them have lost allot of hair.  One has adrenal gland disease (confirmed
by a vet) but our vets can't seem to figure out why the others have lost
hair.  It starts on one side, then moves to the other side, tummy, tail and
eventually all over the body.

They are fed only very high quality ferret food with the addition of Timmy's
recipe as a treat (which has all their vitamins) and are in a well lit room.
They play every day with the other ferrets and get their share of Flax seed
oil and ferretone.

I am just stumped.  Can it be that ALL my ferrets have Adrenal Gland
Disease?  I have just no clue.  My ferrets range from 2-8 years old and the
8 year old is the healthiest!  Please, if anyone knows what I am doing
wrong, or has any suggestions please e-mail me.

Randy