From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 09:43:28 -0400
We had a little scare this past weekend that *NOW* I"m sure was nothing,
but it made me question whether I knew what I should be looking for in
the event of the greenies.  All of our ferrets were pet store ferrets,
except our last one.  She was a door-step adoptee, so we have no medical
history on her and I have no idea what she may have been exposed to.

We just moved last week (an experience ALL ferret owners should try!  -
NOT) and I think it may have been the stress of a new place once we were
settled, but our adoptee was throwing up several times.  We never saw her
throw up, but I'd walk into her bedroom and she'd be laying on the floor,
looking a little dazed, or maybe just not feeling well after throwing up,
but the room looked like it was hit with a puke bomb.  At first, I didn't
know that it was throw up - it looked like she ate plain cooked rigatoni
noodles and spit them out chewed up.  Once I figured out what had happened,
it was late at night, so I just kept an eye on her until I could call the
vet in the am.  I thought back and KNEW she didn't eat noodles, or anything
else other than her food for that matter.  Then to make matters worse, I
spotted our albino pooping on her paper towel, and when she walked away, it
was bright green.  Not a dark green, but BRIGHT - like a lime.

The other 3 were fine, and within a few hours, everyone was doing
better, so I ruled it out to stress.  But it got me to thinking that I
really didn't know what to look for.  Especially since I don't know what
our adoptee has been through medically.  Anyone who has been hit with
this virus, could you please let me know what exactly it looks like.  I
know its green and mucus like.  We've seen green poop before, but its
usually just them passing something they shouldn't have digested.  And
its usually dark green - like black.  This was the first time I saw a
bright green poop - almost flouresent like.

BTW, I know they didn't get into anything in their room.  We checked that
thoroughly, and anyways its pretty empty yet.  They were shut up in that
room while we moved stuff in, so they were probably pretty stress out.

Thanks - Mish