From:
FurpeopleWeyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 01:51:32 -0700
GlacierI know there are quite a few of you out there using the Biaxin
protocol for ulcers, so here's a 'heads up'.  I was given Biaxin for a
bronchial/sinus infection.  I am in the 1% of people who shouldn't take
Biaxin and you wouldn't recognize the symptoms if you weren't looking
for them.

First thing I noticed was a very nasty taste that does not go away once
the drug gets into your system, and it stays there for 24hrs on one
formula.  Then on day 4, the back of my throat blistered.  By day 5 my
gums had become painful and begun to swell.  And today, day 6, my tongue
blistered.

I know!  Why didn't I report this to my doctor?!?  I did.  Today.  He
said it couldn't be the medication or my lips would have swollen too.

Not being the trusting sort, I started reading up on Biaxin, then I
called the pharmacist since its 2am here and no one else is awake.  She
looked up Biaxin and found the same things I did.  Tomorrow I will be
back giving the doctor a piece of my mind, but if it can affect a human
that way, there is the possibility it can affect your ferrets the same
way.  Remember it is a very small percentage in humans and the symptoms
would be hidden or could be easily mistaken for something else in our
ferrets.  Just watch those gums, tongue and throat carefully.

Brenda