From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:31:42 -0400
Animals come to trust their owners. Kodo used to sleep on my chest as I
watched TV and would go to sleep in my arms as I held him. That takes
allot of trust from a ferret to do that. Yet they always test you when
you give them attention. I note that Pester will very carefully sniff
me and then put one paw on my hand, then another and in time she will
slowly 'inch' her body onto my hand little by little till I pick her
up. She shakes allot as if in fear but as I pet her and talk to her
that subsides. That never stops. Guess there was something in her past
that causes this but she for sure trusts me allot and will come seeking
me out for attention.

Many times she will come to me when I am on the 'puter and stand on her
hind legs leaning on my leg. I just put my hand down and she will turn
to put her paws on my hand where I will then pick her up to sit on my
lap. Like a typical ferret she will not sit still for but an instant if
that long to go get into something. I have to hide the scuba tanks and
wet suit because when she gets into that the tank will always hang up
when she crawls under the couch and the weights make a loud noise as
she war dances.

When I was a kid all the neighbor kids had ponies and would ride carts
the pony would pull. All I had was a ferret. The ferret would try very
hard to pull that cart but would get tired pretty quick, especially
going up the hill or trying to out run that cart going down the hill.
The cart used to roll and catch up to the ferret and would run over her
it possible but she was smart enough to realize that and would run to
stay ahead of it. Usually that would work. If not would take several
days if not weeks for the ferret to heal enough to do it again.

I just told the other kids I had a miniature pony. But those iron shoes
on a ferret would kind of hold things up where it couldn't walk as
quick as those ponies.

Yes, ferrets are a very versatile animal!

_12-2Addy CEO