From:
"ROBERT A. PIERAGELI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:21:23 -0400
Hello everyone,
I just adopted a ferret to add to my 3 prior ferrets.  These are the
problems that I have been encountering:

1. Bites very hard (only hands no feet or arms) He bit thru my fingernail.
2. He appears to be very scared. Abused possibly? seeing he will only bite
   my hands.
3. He is scared of two of my ferrets but gets along somewhat with the
   other.  (they don't bother each other.
4. He screams LOUDLY while wrestling/getting to know each other.  I think
   this scares me more than anything else.
5. The hardest problem for me is that he is deaf.  I am having trouble
   communicating with him.  Anytime I put my hands near him he bites me.
   Almost anytime.

Has anyone out there had this type of problem before.  If so any help would
be greatly appreciated.  I have also been trying to find a book or some
sort of resource on working with deaf ferrets.  Does anyone have any
information on this subject they would care to share?

You can e-mail me privately
[log in to unmask]         home
      or
[log in to unmask]       work

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Rob Pierangeli